Donor eggs are used if the IVF or surrogacy program cannot use the oocytes of the future mother or if they are of a low quality.
Anonymous egg donation is officially permitted in Ukraine and regulated by the law. PlusOne Agency will find your perfect candidate for you.
The use of donor eggs is recommended in the following cases:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Low ovarian reserve
- Early menopause
- Low-quality eggs
- Genetic diseases
- Uterus problems, including blockage of the fallopian tubes
- Difficult surgical access to the ovaries
- No success in previous fertility treatment using the mother’s eggs
Also, factors such as a woman’s age and the side effects of chemotherapy or radiation therapy can impact the production of good-quality eggs by the ovaries.
Egg donors can only be young healthy women who have previously undergone various examinations: a medical examination, genetic studies, and psychological surveys.
They should also meet the following requirements, which were established by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine:
- Age 18–36 years
- Have at least one healthy child of her own
- No hereditary diseases
- Do not smoke or drink